This is my first year as a blogger and my first Pet challenge, so i'm excited to get started!
There is a list of questions set up for us to answer, so here goes...
1. How long have you been blogging? Please tell us why you started blogging, and, for anyone stopping by for the first time, give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
I am a brand new blogger. My first post was November 18th 2013. Oh my god, it seems so much longer then that!! Time flies when your having fun!
I started blogging because I was inspired by some that I had been reading, for example five sibes mom...., Rumpy dog..., Gone to the Snow Dogs and a few others I became quite the regular, always commenting and never missing a beat. My huskies have always inspired me and I never really knew how to let that out until I found the wonderful work of blogging!
And for the third part of this question, my blog is mostly about a day in the life of my husky girls. I also really like doing rescue stories once a week and raising awareness to the growing world of dog fighting.
2. Name one thing about your blog, or one blogging goal that you accomplished during 2013, that made you most proud
Ok so theres 2 things. One being, just yesterday I hit 5000 page views! Which is huge for me! And I'm so happy how fast this is growing! The other thing I'm most proud of is my local and animal shelter LAWS was in a community funding challenge and needed votes to push through, and I was able to reach out to the wonderful people who read my posts and they helped so much by putting their votes in every day and my shelter made it to the semi finals, and its great knowing I had something to do with it!
3. When you look at the post you wrote for last year’s Pet Blogger Challenge, or just think back over the past year, what about blogging has changed the most for you?
Well this question is kind of tough because I haven't had the pleasure of doing this challenge before, and as I said it has only been a couple months since my first post.
But if anything has changed since my first, it would be that I take my writing more serious now. When I started blogging I don't know if I really thought it would go anywhere, but now I am always anxious to write my next post!
Oh this one is easy! I make it a point to visit as many other blogs as I can. And the people in the blogging community are so wonderful, when you visit theirs, they always return the favor. And from there, if they like your blog, they will stick around! I have a few regular blogs I visit daily. And am always anxious to read their posts in the morning. Other then that, good ol' FB and twitter serves wonderfully! :))
6. How much time to do you spend publicizing your blog, and do you think you should spend more or less in the coming year?
I usually write on facebook and twitter with every new post that I have. So that's pretty much on a daily basis. I would like to spend more time publicizing though, and try to expand my readers to a wider range outside of the blogging community and in.
7. How do you gauge whether or not what you’re writing is appealing to your audience?
How do you know when it’s time to let go of a feature or theme that you’ve been writing about for a while?
Umm...usually by the comments. People are generous and usually leave a comment regardless which is great! But you know when their comments are detailed, that they have enjoyed reading that post.
I haven't had to let go of a feature or theme yet, but I assume when I do, it will be because I am not feeling what I am writing about that particular thing or people just aren't taking to it.
8. When you’re visiting other blogs, what inspires you to comment on a post rather than just reading and moving on?
Well I can relate to a lot of things people write about, but also the posts about things I am just learning about sparks me to comment as well. I love the adventurous posts and basically being invited into the life of other peoples pets.
I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!
- Subscribe via email to get us right in your box!
- Check out my social media buttons to connect with us!
- Come on by our fb fan page and give us a like!
- Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you!