A blog hop hosted by Kols Notes and Sugar the Golden Retriever
Thanks to our hosts for putting on the tastiest hop around !
So some of you might remember back at Christmas time , one of the gifts my mother got me was a recipe book with cute little doggie bone cookie cutters and paper gift bags etc . . .
So i'd like to share with you , one of the recipes out of the book BUT before you read any further please know that I am not a baker nor have I ever claimed to be a baker , and things don't usually go my way when I try and bake !
That being said , I will now show you a photo of my FIRST attempt at baking these treats !
Warning : It's not pretty .
And the dogs didn't care much for them either .
So frustrated as I was , I now have a blog ! And was eager to bake some yummy treats for my huskies and share the results with my readers and fellow bloggers .
SO , I tried again . . .
Here is the result .
I know right ? It actually worked ! Some of the holes I poked got a tad messed up , some even filled themselves in , but I didn't burn them , and they stayed nice and thick ! AND the dogs loved them !
I was and am proud of the result , considering I can apparently bake dog treats better then any food for human consumption . Maybe I found my calling LOL
Of course I have to share the photo's of the my fur-babies enjoying their treats .
They each give a pretty sit , then chow down !
So the treats were a success after all . Live and learn , I messed up the first time only to come back and succeed on my second try . Which was a lot better then I expected !
So now the recipe : Cluck Cluck , Bark Bark dog Treats .
You will need :
2.5 cups all natural whole wheat flour, 1 cup cooked diced turkey or chicken ( I used Chicken )
1 organic egg lightly beaten , 1 tablespoon organic beef, chicken , vegetarian bouillon OR .5 cup of broth . ( I used broth )
- Dissolve bouillon in 1.5 hot water
- pour into wheat flour and mix with your hands . ( worked better that way )
- Add chicken and egg , and continue to blend .
- Form into ball roll out .5 inch thickness on lightly floured surface and cut out desired shapes. ( but this is where I tweaked it ! the .5 inch thickness turned out far to thin when baked , so I made them much thicker then recommended )
- Poke holes with toothpick or fork in any manner you choose ( BTW I did not poke holes in my first set of treats , but I did in the second , so be sure to poke them holes! )
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet and bake about 20 to 25 mins ( another tweak , I baked for only 15 mins when the second time around )
- Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator or freezer.
Hope you all enjoyed .
Thursday is fast approaching , be sure to join the fun on the Thoughtless Thursday blog hop hosted by Ruckus the Eskie and yours truly , Love is being owned by a husky"
It's a great hop for anyone , no need to put a ton of thought into your post , just post !
Maybe you might even have something in your drafts and didn't know the right day to post it . Well Thursday is the day ! So as Ruckus likes to say "Don't think , Just link !"
Thanks for reading ! And feel free to leave your comments below . I love hearing from you !