Having a fabulous Thursday I assume?
Today is the Thoughtless Thursday blog hop, hosted by : Ruckus the Eskie and co hosted by me, love is being owned by a husky! Feel free to link up with us if you have a blog and if not, just enjoy hopping around to see what everyone has thought of . .. . or not thought of, since it's Thoughtless Thursday! Ha!
As Ruckus says "Don't think, just link!"
We, as pet bloggers, have a huge influence on the world of pet lovers, and pet owners. People turn to our blogs for help with training, feeding, pet health or even just to get a good laugh, and know your not alone in whatever struggles you may be going through.
One of the biggest reasons people like to read pet blogs, is to get some good info on different pet products. Being owned by our pets can be expensive, let's face it. But when you come to a blog and find the latest deals, or certain products you buy which half of the price goes to a shelter or whatever the case may be, people trust us. They trust our reviews, they trust how we say the quality of a certain product is etc . . . so it is important for us, as influencers in the pet world to give our readers what they want.
This month in the Pet Bloggers Influencer group, there was a survey about bloggers and brands working together.
Blog Paws has made this wonderful infographic to help us explain the results. (above)
Since the infographic is a little small, I will share some of it with you. Keep in mind this is all about bloggers working with different brands.
- 75% of bloggers have bought a product after working with a brand.
- 97% of bloggers said that they are the main purchasers of pet products in their home
- 31% of bloggers said they spend UNDER $100 per month, 55% spend between $100 - $300, 55% said they spend between $301 and $500 and just 2% said they spend over $500 a month!
$500 each month?! Really? WOW!
We were asked how many of us donate to shelters, pet welfare or rescue causes :
- 87% said yes
- %85 said yes
We were asked where we shop for our pet products :
- 14% said online. 38% said Independent Pet Supply stores. 14% said Big Box Chain stores. 52% said a combo of the above.
- 82% said Educate pet parents about health related topics. 84% said educate pet parents about products that are useful to them. 64% said help pets in need and 27% said variety of reasons.
- 82% said they would like to work with a combination of online retailers, local Independent pet supply stores, pet specific big box chain stores, and mass non pet specific stores.
As you can see from those results in our wide variety of pet blog influencers, we each have our own idea of how we see our blogs, where we would like to go with them and what specific companies we would like to, or already are, working with. Which is a good thing. Readers need a good variety.
Personally, I will only work with a brand if I believe in them. I will agree to do a review for them, but I always tell the company that I will test whatever the product is first, then I will write an honest review. I will not just receive something and post about it. People rely on my reviews, and I will not endorse something I would not use for my own pets.
I will not feed just "any" type of treats. I ALWAYS make sure the ingredients are healthy, and I do prefer if they are local treats, but that doesn't always happen.
I pride myself in the health and happiness of my huskies and kitties and I do what I can to pass on my findings to my readers, and provide my honest thoughts about whatever I may be reviewing.
Well guys, sorry for the long and wordy post! I'll leave you with that today!
Mika : "Um, mum, you do know that this was suppose to be the day to rest our brains right? THOUGHTLESS Thursday!??? Whats with the long post!? Just remind them about the giveaway and let them get on with their day!"
Me: . . . . o . . .k then.
Anyways, don't forget to enter our giveaway for some stylin decals from stylishcanine.com
Husky decals, and dog play bow decals, click HERE to go to the giveaway!
Have a great day!