Yes, April is National Pet Month, but what is the point of it all?
Basically for the month of April, we are to celebrate the benefits that pets bring into our lives, and of course the benefits that we bring into our pets lives.
What kind of things can we do to celebrate National Pet Month?
Here are just a few ideas I came up with for the month of April :
- Make a homemade treats goal for the month - rather than purchasing treats, set aside a day or two to make up a few batches of some simple homemade treats!
- Try finding a few new routes for walk time! Dogs love to explore new places, do a new route each week.
- Take up hiking! For the month of April, find some different places to discover with your dog
- Spend some time training. Explore a few different tricks or training techniques, such as nose work, hide and seek with treats etc...
- Have a spa day! Whether it's at home or a groomer, treat your pet to a fun spa!
- Foster a pet in need
- Donate to a local shelter
Today's post has been brought to you by The Pet Parade, Flashback Friday, and the A to Z challenge.
For those of you who have not heard of the A to Z challenge, it is a month long challenge for April in the blogging community. Every day (except Sundays) is a different letter of the alphabet.
Today's letter is C.
Since this is National Pet Month and not National "dog" month, I thought I would share a flashback photo of one of my cats, and tie in the A to Z challenge as well.
C is for my beautiful cats.
My cat Winter, and my husky Lexus, are the best of friends. I can't tell you how many photos I have like this where they are laying together, getting all snugly!
|Pet Parade Host : Rascal and Rocco|
Co Hosts : Bionic Basil, Jan's Funny Farm, Barking from the Bayou and me, from Love is being owned by a husky!
|Flashback Friday is hosted by Five Sibe's Mom|
Co hosted by me from Love is being owned by a husky!
Pet Parade Link :
Pet Parade Social Media Link :
Flashback Friday Link :