20 Things Every Siberian Husky Owner Needs - Part 2
- Crate - for the safety of your own home!
- Chairs - not for you, for your huskies, otherwise you'll find yourself on the floor
- The ability to speak 'husky' - they like to talk, and trust me... you will want to talk back
- Acceptance that you will never have a beautiful garden - they sure love to dig!
- Strong stomach - Huskies have a high prey drive, and if they happen to find a critter outside, your dog will want to show off his catch to you!
- The ability to shrug off people who tell their children to stay away from the scary wolf
- While we're on the shrugging off ability, lets add that to the million times you will be told "all you need now is a sled"
- Window cleaner - Huskies love to leave their "nose art" on your windows
- Paw balm - they love to play in the snow, which can lead to dried out paw pads
- Become comfortable with having husky eyes staring at you while using the bathroom, showering, not to mention your love life - you may want to lock the door
- Wood floors for easy fur clean up - or an extra vacuum cleaner!
- Rain coat, warm winter coat - rain, shine, blizzard or non - they will not let you skip out on walk times!
- Self control - to not appear 100% Husky crazed to others, although you clearly are
- Burglar alarm - your husky will be happy to show any stranger where the goods are rather than protect your house!
- Lawyer on speed dial - just in case the husband says "it's the dogs or me" ... obviously it would be grounds for divorce
- Smarts - it is a matter of time before your sibe tries to outsmart you (and succeeds)
- Skype - your husky will want to hear from you throughout the day
- Alarm clock - wait a sec, scratch that, your husky will make sure your up at sunrise
- Ability to open food packages quietly - while your husky seems hard of hearing when you ask him to do something, he can hear that wrapper from a mile away!
- More huskies! - while fighting the urge not to succumb to the "husky-holic syndrome" you will want to add one or two (or three) more so that they have playmates! But what about when the playmates want more playmates? And then those ones want new ones? We must comply! LOL!!
Shout out to my members! You guys ROCK!
Did you miss my latest guest post?
You can see it here: "10 ways to keep your dog from getting bored."