20 Useless Dog Facts:
- Remember the Taco Bell dog from the commercials? His real name is Gidget!
- A dog sweats through the pads on his paws.
- George Washington was a hardcore dog lover!
- Laika, the soviet space dog was launched into space back in 1957 to become the first animal to completely orbit the earth.
- Over one million dogs in the U.S alone, have been named beneficiary in their owners will.
- Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the bible
- The dog name Fido, is Latin, and means fidelity.
- 33% of humans, admit to talking to their dogs over the phone and/or leaving a message for them.
- The Basenji dog breed, does not bark!
- There are over 700 types of purebred dog breeds
- The Newfoundland dogs are amazing swimmers. Most of this is due to their webbed feet!
- Dalmatian pups are born white! They get their spots later in life.
- When you see your dog twitching, or "running" in their sleep, they are dreaming.
- Dogs have 3 eyelids! - weird right?
- One reason dogs have wet noses, is because the wetness acts as sort of a trap, and helps absorb the scent of a room or area.
- Contrary to popular belief, dogs are not color blind.
- Some dogs kick, or dig at the ground after going to the bathroom. They do this to spread their scent.
- Dogs pick up on routine easily. They know when it's time for dinner, walks, or other routine things which become part of your day. If you miss a time, your dog will let you know.
- A one year old pup, is just about as mature as a 15 year old child.
- A dog can literally smell your feelings! - Creepy, but cool!
While some of these facts are definitely silly, they are all true, strangely enough!
Now it's your turn! You be the judge - useless? Or not?