Keep in mind - these are my opinions, and are from my own experiences from a life time of being owned by dogs as well as cats. All pets are different and these are just guidelines for you to follow.
Let's start with male Huskies/Dogs -
- In my experiences, male dogs have a need for affection from their humans more so than females. They are extremely lovable, needy and will do anything for our attention - demanding it even! Male dogs never seem to tire of affection, and will stay by your side until you say otherwise.
- Male dogs tend to stay in their puppy phase longer. Ha... kind of reminds me of male humans too! LOL! They like to be goofballs, play around, and get into mischief.
- When it comes to things such as spaying and neutering your dog, male dogs are cheaper to have neutered than a female is to be spayed.
Now for the Female Huskies/Dogs -
- Female dogs love attention as well as males do, however, in my experiences, females know when they want your attention, and when they have had enough. They will soak up all the loving from us humans that they desire, and then prefer to go off and do their own thing.
- Female dogs tend to be more independent, whereas a male depends more on his human than anything.
- And again, as mentioned above, spaying costs more financially than it does to neuter a male dog.
- I have heard that female dogs are suppose to be better tempered when it comes to children. I'm not sure I agree with that. I think in that case, males and females are pretty equal, and depends on the adult humans and how they decide to raise and train their dogs as well as their children with each other.
In my humble opinion, male, female.... no matter. They both have different qualities, and different temperaments, and I love them all just the same. It could really come down to a personal choice. For me, I love being owned by both male and female huskies. I get the benefits of the overly affectionate, playful, goofy male, as well as the lovable, independent, chill females. I love them each in their own ways, and I wouldn't change a thing about them.
|Me and my pack - soaking up some husky lovins'!|
How about you?
What differences do you find in male VS female dogs?