February is here already, can you believe it?
Soon, it will be Valentines Day. And hey, love it or hate it, it's coming!
Why do so many people hate Valentines Day anyways? I know, I know, society has created a monster with February 14'th. It has become all about giving chocolates and gifts, and this strange need to not be alone on that particular day when really, the whole day came about from an early christian saint named Valentinus. The day simply evolved into lovers sharing their feelings for each other by giving flowers etc... anyways, enough of the history mumbo jumbo, and lets talk about different ways to celebrate Valentines Day with your doggie date!
- A perfect way to celebrate Valentines Day with your pet would be to bake something special for your special furry someone. Check out one of my favorite blogs - My GBGV Life - as they share a delish recipe for Raspberry Valentines Pupcakes.
- Have date night with your dog. I know, it sounds silly, but for those of you who are worried about spending the day full of hearts and flowers by yourself, consider the fact that you have furry family who would be thrilled to spend a special night with you. Curl up on the couch with your pet, watch your favorite movie, and have some of those delish Raspberry Valentines Pupcakes!
- Every store you go to right now will have heart shaped toys specially made for your pet. Pick one up to keep the Valentines Day theme going.
- Does your pet like spa days? What better time to pamper your furry then the day of hearts and love? Schedule a spa day for your pet, and treat yourself to one too!
- How about a nice, peaceful walk by the water? Or your favorite trail? Your dog will thank you for it!
Did I mention that dogs make the best dates? It's true!
They don't talk back.
They won't cancel your romantic evening.
They are easy to shop for.
Cook them pretty much anything, and they won't even complain if you burn it.
Dress code for the big date? No such thing! Your favorite pair of sweats will look just fine to your furry friend.
How do you celebrate Valentines Day With Your Pet?
Share your stories in the comments!
Don't fret, spend some extra love and cuddle time with your pet this #ValentinesDay, and be thankful for what you have. XOOX #LoveDogs— Jenna Drady (@HuskyCrazed) February 4, 2016
|Today's post is part of our Thoughtless Thursday blog hop|
Hosted by Ruckus The Eskie
Co hosted by Barking From The Bayou, and me from Love Is Being Owned By A Husky