June is YOUR month! Give your gorgeous fur a bath, pose with your prettiest kitty smiles, and get ready to be adopted! This month is Adopt a Shelter Cat month.
Here are my huskies top 5 reasons they think YOU should adopt a shelter cat -
- People tend to steer clear of shelters when it comes to adopting cats because they want a kitten and not an adult cat - well, did you know that kittens take up nearly 60 to 70% of shelters in Canada? If not, more! So whether your looking for a kitten or an adult cat, don't underestimate what the shelter may have available for you.
- When you adopt a shelter cat, you can be assured that your new feline will be up to date on all vaccines, as well as being spayed or neutered, dewormed and the works! Ready to go home and start a new life with you.
- Sometimes you may not know which cat would be best for your family. Thats where that trained shelter staff will come in handy. They will help you decide whether your best fit would be a kitten, adult, or senior cat.
- You can be pretty sure when you head into a shelter, that you are going to find cats of all shapes, sizes, and personalities. So pretty much whatever you are looking for in a cat, you are likely to find in a shelter.
- Finally, perhaps the most important thing to consider when adopting a shelter cat is the fact that you are saving a life. You are giving a cat a loving home, when said cat has been abandoned, discarded, or lost with no one to find them, YOU can feel good knowing that when you adopt a shelter cat, they need you, and you need them. It will be a match made in heaven.
My home is filled with love from not just my dogs, but my cats as well.
Whether you do not yet have a pet, or you simply want to add to your family, consider adopting a shelter cat this month. There are tons and tons of kitties around the world who are waiting for their fur-ever homes, so head over to your local shelter, and fall in love with your new fur-family member.
How about you?
Have you ever adopted a shelter pet?
If not, would you be interested in doing so?
|Thoughtless Thursday is hosted by Ruckus The Eskie|
Co hosted by Barking From The Bayou and me, from Love Is Being Owned By A Husky