Today we are co hosting 2 blog hops. Flashback Friday and The Pet Parade.
So, in order to tie in to both hops, I decided to relive an old post which I created in 2015. I had a lot of fun with this one, and I tell you... when I was googling useless facts about dogs, boy did I learn a lot of, well, useless facts about dogs!!
Alright, lets get started -
- Remember the Taco Bell dog from the commercials? His real name is Gidget!
- A dog sweats through the pads on his paws.
- George Washington was a hardcore dog lover!
- Laika, the soviet space dog was launched into space back in 1957 to become the first animal to completely orbit the earth.
- Over one million dogs in the U.S alone, have been named beneficiary in their owners will.
- Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the bible.
- The dog name Fido, is Latin, and means fidelity.
- 33% of humans, admit to talking to their dogs over the phone and/or leaving a message for them.
- The Basenji dog breed, does not bark.
- There are over 700 types of purebred dog breeds.
- The Newfoundland dogs are amazing swimmers. Most of this is due to their webbed feet!
- Dalmatian pups are born white! They get their spots later in life.
- When you see your dog twitching, or "running" in their sleep, they are dreaming.
- Dogs have 3 eyelids! - Weird right!?
- One reason dogs have wet noses, is because the wetness acts as sort of a trap, and helps absorb the scent of a room or area.
- Contrary to popular belief, dogs are not color blind.
- Some dogs kick, or dig at the ground after going to the bathroom. They do this to spread their scent.
- Dogs pick up on routine easily. They know when it's time for dinner, walks, or other routine things which become part of your day. If you miss a time, your dog will let you know.
- A one year old pup, is just about as mature as a 15 year old child.
- A dog can literally smell your feelings! - Creepy, but cool!
I will say I don't really see all of these as completely useless. And they were fun to learn none the less! What do you think?
Do you have any "useless" facts to share?
We would love to hear them!
|We are co hosting the pet parade!|
Along with co hosts - Bionic Basil, and Barking From The Bayou
Your host: Rascal And Rocco
|We are co hosting Flashback Friday!|
Your host: The Five Sibe's Mom
Pet Parade Links
Flashback Friday Links: